Our November newsletter that went out last week, just in case you didn't see it. It has some great information!
Monday, October 31, 2016
Happy Halloween to all our patients and their families! We enjoyed dressing up today! If you are going out tonight to trick or treat, have fun but be safe! Our office will be closed at 5:00 today to spend time with our families!
L to R: Haley, Steve, Kayla, and Dr. Buchanan
L to R Back: Lauren, Talysa, Sara, Julie, Jen and Alison
L to R Middle: Bailee, Kayla, Kiersten, Jenna, Wini and Staci
L to R Front: Iris, Maria, Eric and Dr. Lash
L to R Back: Talysa, Bailee, Kayla and Carol Ann
L to R Front: Haley, Chantel and Iris
Tuesday, May 24, 2016
Our office is participating in a fitness challenge with
Premier Pediatrics in Cedar City, UT.
Starting June 1, 2016 - August 31, 2016, we will be educating patients and parents on the importance of exercise, eating right and cutting down sugar!
The goal is to improve our own fitness but also pass on the information we obtain to our patients and parents!
We will keep track of our steps, healthier choices for all lunches, and offer opportunities to exercise to the staff! We will also be tracking our patient education as well!
This challenge isn't only to Premier Pediatrics but to all our patients and their families....join us!
Thursday, January 8, 2015
• FRIDAY, 12/26/14 - MACEY’S GROCERY STORE, OREM , 5:00 P.M. - 11:00 P.M.
• FRIDAY, 12/26/14 - CINEMARK MOVIES 8, PROVO, 4:00 P.M. - 8 P.M.
• FRIDAY, 12/26/14 - CARMIKE WYNNSONG 12, PROVO, 10:00 P.M. TO CLOSING
• SUNDAY, 12/28/14 - GENEVA HEIGHTS LDS CHURCH BUILDING, 847 WEST 800 NORTH, OREM, 12:30 P.M. - 7:00 P.M.
• MONDAY, 12/29/14 - WALMART, SANDHILL ROAD, OREM, 9:00 P.M. - 11:00 P.M.
• FRIDAY, 1/2/15 - OREM COMMUNITY HOSPITAL, EAST ENTRANCE LOBBY, LAB OR GIFT SHOP, OREM, 4:30 P.M. - 7:00 P.M.
• SATURDAY, 1/3/15 - TIMPANOGOS REGIONAL HOSPITAL, ER WAITING ROOM AND REGISTRATION DESK, OREM, 12:30 P.M. TO 3:30 P.M.
• SATURDAY, 1/3/15 - TIMPANOGOS REGIONAL HOSPITAL LAB WAITING ROOM, OREM, 1:30 P.M. - 3:30 P.M.
• SUNDAY, 1/4/15 - TIMPANOGOS REGIONAL HOSPITAL LAB WAITING ROOM, OREM , 1:45 P.M. - 3:45 P.M.
The time from exposure to development of symptoms is about 10 days, so if we are going to see more cases of measles they should start popping up now. Symptoms start with a fever that can be very high, up to 105. Then develops fatigue, cough, runny nose and red eyes. Within 1-3 days, red dots in the mouth may develop along with a rash which typically begins on the face.
One of the tricky things is that patients are contagious from 4 days before to 4 days after the rash appears. The measles vaccine is extremely effective, however--around 99% if you've had both doses. We typically immunize at 12 months and with Kindergarten vaccines. Fully immunized people are at very low risk even if exposed. If you think you may have been exposed, but don't yet have symptoms please call our office or 1-800-456-7707 or visit www.health.utah.gov/measles to learn more about what to do. Prompt treatment is KEY to not starting an outbreak here in Utah, so if you have any questions or concerns PLEASE, PLEASE call.