A new study in Pediatrics showed that children with above average pesticide exposure were more than twice as likely to have ADHD compared to children with average pesticide levels. The study looked at pesticide metabolites in the urine, so it had no way of knowing how the exposure took place, but in children living in suburban areas it is most likely from foods.
So....what does this mean? Probably that more research needs to be done. But it does make you think twice about washing your food well or buying organic.
The chalkboard surface contains high levels of lead. Call 866-319-5335 for a replacement.
Safety 1st Disney Care Center Play Yard and Eddie Bauer Complete Care Play Yard
The one piece metal bars supporting the floorboard of the bassinet attachment can come out of the fabric sleeves and create an uneven sleeping surface, posing a risk of suffocation or positional asphyxiation.
For additional information, contact Dorel Juvenile Group toll-free at (866) 762-2166 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. ET Friday, or visit the firm’s Web site www.djgusa.com
Klean Kanteen Water Bottle Spouts
The water bottle spouts can break or crack, posing a choking hazard to children and adults.For additional information, contact Klean Kanteen toll-free at (877) 546-9063
McNeil Consumer Healthcare announced yesterday it is voluntarily recalling a number of OTC children's and infants' liquid formulations including certain Tylenol, Motrin, Zyrtec and Benadryl products.
The company said the reason for the recall is that some of the products may not meet quality standards. Some of the products included in the recall may contain a higher concentration of active ingredients than specified; others may contain inactive ingredients that may not meet internal testing requirements; and others may contain tiny particles.
A press release issued by the company last night states, "This recall is not being undertaken on the basis of adverse medical events. However, as a precautionary measure, parents and caregivers should not administer these products to their children."