Thursday, January 8, 2015
• FRIDAY, 12/26/14 - MACEY’S GROCERY STORE, OREM , 5:00 P.M. - 11:00 P.M.
• FRIDAY, 12/26/14 - CINEMARK MOVIES 8, PROVO, 4:00 P.M. - 8 P.M.
• FRIDAY, 12/26/14 - CARMIKE WYNNSONG 12, PROVO, 10:00 P.M. TO CLOSING
• SUNDAY, 12/28/14 - GENEVA HEIGHTS LDS CHURCH BUILDING, 847 WEST 800 NORTH, OREM, 12:30 P.M. - 7:00 P.M.
• MONDAY, 12/29/14 - WALMART, SANDHILL ROAD, OREM, 9:00 P.M. - 11:00 P.M.
• FRIDAY, 1/2/15 - OREM COMMUNITY HOSPITAL, EAST ENTRANCE LOBBY, LAB OR GIFT SHOP, OREM, 4:30 P.M. - 7:00 P.M.
• SATURDAY, 1/3/15 - TIMPANOGOS REGIONAL HOSPITAL, ER WAITING ROOM AND REGISTRATION DESK, OREM, 12:30 P.M. TO 3:30 P.M.
• SATURDAY, 1/3/15 - TIMPANOGOS REGIONAL HOSPITAL LAB WAITING ROOM, OREM, 1:30 P.M. - 3:30 P.M.
• SUNDAY, 1/4/15 - TIMPANOGOS REGIONAL HOSPITAL LAB WAITING ROOM, OREM , 1:45 P.M. - 3:45 P.M.
The time from exposure to development of symptoms is about 10 days, so if we are going to see more cases of measles they should start popping up now. Symptoms start with a fever that can be very high, up to 105. Then develops fatigue, cough, runny nose and red eyes. Within 1-3 days, red dots in the mouth may develop along with a rash which typically begins on the face.
One of the tricky things is that patients are contagious from 4 days before to 4 days after the rash appears. The measles vaccine is extremely effective, however--around 99% if you've had both doses. We typically immunize at 12 months and with Kindergarten vaccines. Fully immunized people are at very low risk even if exposed. If you think you may have been exposed, but don't yet have symptoms please call our office or 1-800-456-7707 or visit www.health.utah.gov/measles to learn more about what to do. Prompt treatment is KEY to not starting an outbreak here in Utah, so if you have any questions or concerns PLEASE, PLEASE call.
Wednesday, January 7, 2015
There have been a few articles floating around lately about the importance of letting kids PLAY. Not play in a league or on a team or with an organization, but just play. Here's one by someone who's got some street cred, Keith Van Horn.
Check it out.
Check it out.